RVITM Library and Information Centre was established in the year 2018. Library aims to provide hybrid collection of resources such as books, print journals, electronic journals and online databases. Library has more than 3600 volumes of books with 600 titles, Library subscribes 24 print International journals. Library subscribes e-journals and e-books through the VTU Consortium. Library has been automated by using LIBSOFT library management software. Latest configured computers provided with high speed internet connectivity aid students learn from the Internet. The Library is managed by the Library Committee.
|Volumes of Books||3600|
Monday to Friday 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM
Saturday 9.00 AM to 1.45 PM
Library Rules and Regulations
Each student is provided with an Identity Card, user should keep their Identity card safely, so that no one else misuses it. In case loss of identity card, duplicate will be issued only on payment of Rs.100/-.
Two books are issued for each student. For late return of books, a fine of Rs.5.00 per day will be charged.
Books will be issued for a period of two weeks, with only one renewal for next two weeks.
All library users must register their time of entry as well as exit through the Bar-coded ID cards in the Gate Entry Management System kept at the Return Counter without fail.
Readers should maintain silence inside Library.
Readers should not talk or discuss as it may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book) inside the Library.
Reference books will not be issued to any library users. Reference books are made available for reading in library only.
Reservation policy is provided.
In case of a student is leaving the institution on long leave, completed course he/she should obtain a “No due Clearance” from the library by returning all the library materials borrowed and paying other dues, if any.
E-resources: NPTEL videos
Directory of Open Access Journals -Provides access to over 13,899 + learned journals covering all major disciplines http://www.doaj.org/
Indian Academy of Sciences (IAS) – 11 free Indian online journals- http://www.ias.ac.in
Niscair Full Text Journals-http://nopr.niscair.res.in/
Bentham 175 Open Access Journals- http://www.bentham.org/open/a-z.htm
High Wire Press- Earths largest free-full science archives (journals) 320 journals- http://highwire.stanford.edu/
Institute of Physics electronic journals (IOP) 60 e-journals-http://iopscience.iop.org/journals
Project Gutenberg offers over 60,000 free ebooks-http://www.gutenberg.org/
Free Tech books-http://www.freetechbooks.com/
National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL)- http://www.nptel.iitm.ac.in/
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)- http://ocw.mit.edu/
Berkeley’s Open Courseware- http://webcast.berkeley.edu/
Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations (NDLTD) – http://www.ndltd.org/
Open Yale Courses- http://oyc.yale.edu/
|Name||Designation||Areas of Interest||e-mail id|
|Dr.A. Nagaraja||Librarian||Collection Development,Users Studies,Library Consortiaemail@example.com|
|Suresha N A||Library Assistantfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc., M.L.I.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|Area of Interest||Collection Development, Users’ Studies, Library Consortia|
|Date of joining RVITM||15thJuly2019|
International Journals: 13
International/National Conference: 07
Papers published in International Journals-13
- Nagaraja, A. ‘Database Coverage of Core Journals in Pharmacy’, PNLA Quarterly (USA) ISSN: 0030-8188,72.2 Winter,2008.
- Nagaraja,A.,Clauson,K ‘Database Coverage and Impact Factor of Open Access Journals in Pharmacy’, Journal of Electronic Resources in Medical Libraries(UK) ISSN 1542-4065 (Print) 1542-4073 (Online), 6:138–145, 2009.
- Nagaraja,A.,Joseph,S ,Polen,H H., Clouson,K A. ‘Disappearing act : Persistence and attrition of uniform resource locators (URLs) in an open access medical journal’, Program: electronic library and information systems (UK) ISSN: 0033-0337,Vol. 45, No. 1, 2011,pp. 98-106.
- Nagaraja,A.,Vasanthakumar,M., Comparison of Web of Science and Scopus Impact Factors of Indian Journals, Library Philosophy and Practice(USA) ISSN 1522-0222,2011.
- Nagaraja,A., Gangadhar,K , Vasanthakumar,M. ‘Whether big deals are really big for engineering college libraries? Or is there any need for better model?’ Library Hi Tech (UK) ISSN: 0737-8831,Vol. 29, No. 4, 2011 pp. 741-750.
6.Gangadhar,K C., Ningappa,N., Nagaraja,A. ‘Open access e-resources in engineering and technology’ International Journal of Professional Development(India) ISSN:2277- 517X(Print),2279-0659(Online),Vol.1, No.1 Jan-June 2012.
- Nagaraja,A., Vasanthakumar,M. ‘Will Open Access Journals Substitute Big-Deal Subscriptions in Engineering College Libraries in India?’ Publicashed in The Electronic Library (UK), ISSN: 0264-0473, 32 Iss: 6, pp.852 – 863.
- Waris,Abu.,Vasanthakumar,M.,Nagaraja,A. “Medical Librarianship in India: a Review of Historical Developments and Current Perspectives,” International Journal of Library and Information Studies(India), ISSN: 2231-4911,Vol.3(2),2013,pp.56-66.
- Nagaraja,A ., Gangadhar,K “Challenges and Issues in Improve the Visibility and Impact of Indian Science,Technology and Medicine Journals,”International Journal of Library and Information Studies( India),ISSN: ISSN: 2231-4911,5(1),2015,pp97-102.
- Nagaraja,A and Prashanth, A, “Serials use in post graduates’ dissertations of pharmaceutical sciences: collection building by citation analysis” Collection Building(UK), ISSN: ISSN: 0160-4953,34(3),2015,pp.94-101.
- Nagaraja,A.,Gangadhar ,Vasanthakumar,M. “Quantitative Measuring of Research Output of Engineering Colleges in Karnataka based on Web of Science Database” , Journal of Scientometric Research’(India),ISSN:2321-6654,Online – 2320-0059, 2017, pp36-46,DOI: 10.5530/jscires.6.1.5.
- Gangadhar,KC.,Nagaraja,A.,Vasanthakumar, “Comparative Study of Open Source and Commercial Library Management Software: Koha and Easylib”, International Journal of Library and Information Management (India),Vol.7, No.2,July-Dec. 2016, ISSN: 0975-878X.
- Gangadhar,KC., Vasanthakumar,M.,Nagaraja,A. “Present library automation status: open source library software-an opportunity or threat?”, International Journal of Library & Information Science (IJLIS)(India), Volume 6, Issue 1, Jan–Feb 2017, 56–66,ISSN Print: 2277-3533 and ISSN Online: 2277-3584
International/National Conference : 07
- Nagaraja,A., Prashanth ,A,B. Collection building in pharmaceutical sciences by citation analysis of PG dissertations, National Conference on Libraries and Librarianship in Transition: Challenges and Opportunities (LIBTRANS2014),Mangalore.ISBN:978-81-929927-0-9
- Nagaraja,A., Gangadhar,K , Vasanthakumar,M. ‘Disappearance of Internet Materials in Journal Articles:A Big Problem in Future’ ‘National Conference on Management of Digital Information Sources, Services and Systems,2011’ ISBN, 978-81-910787-0-1
- Gangadhar, C., Nagaraja,A.,Vasantha Kumar,M.,Pratibha S.N.’Open E-Resources for Academic. Libraries’, 58th lLA International Conference on: Next Generation Libraries: New Insights and Universal Access to Knowledge, 2013.
- Gangadhar, C., Nagaraja A.,Vasantha Kumar,M.,Pratibha S.N. ‘Marketing of Library Products and Information Services in Indian Academic Libraries’, 58th lLA International Conference on: Next Generation Libraries: New Insights and Universal Access to Knowledge 2013.
- Gangadhar, C., Nagaraja, A., Pratibha S.N. A glimpse on free e-resources in engineering and technology, National conference on Trends in developing and managing e-resources in libraries,2012. ISBN:978-81-924696-0-7.
- Gangadhar, C., Nagaraja, A .“Open Access E-Resources in Engineering and Technology“ National Seminar on “Electronic Resources in Academic and Research Libraries” organized by Sri Venkateshwara University, Tirupathi held during 26th-27th March, 2012.
- Gangadhar, C., Nagaraja, A .‘Best Practices in Libraries: A Case Study of NMIT Library, Bangalore’ at 3rdKSCLA National Conference on Empowering Libraries for Life Lonf Learning Skills held at HKE’s Poojya Doddappa Appa College of Engineering, Gulbarga from 17th-18thAugust, 2012.