Department of Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics is one of the pioneering and the most distinguished departments in R V Institute of Technology and Management, Bengaluru. Applying a multi-disciplinary research and teaching methods, the department strongly believes in finding mathematical solutions for various social-economic, technological and work-related processes and challenges.
The department is aimed at building a strong foundation in the subject and provides fundamental mathematical knowledge and skills, and the basis for more advanced work later on. Thus, the department’s objective is to promote excellence in mathematical education and research well balanced between abstraction and implementation. Besides emphasizing quality research, the department also encourages its students to handle seminars and participate in group discussions and other related activities in their areas of interest.
Aspire to gain international recognition for academic excellence through innovative methods and disseminates knowledge with high standards for the betterment of the students community.
- To create competent professionals by inculcating highly skilled mathematical knowledge.
- To provide an environment to enable young minds to pursue a career in advanced areas of Mathematics and its Applications, enhancing quantitative reasoning and employability skills.
- To be a dynamic and established department for quality education in various mathematical fields.
- To encourage acquisition of life-long learning skills by educating the leaders of tomorrow.
|Name||Designation||Areas of Interest||e-mail id|
|Dr. S. Sivasankar||Assistant Professor and Incharge HOD||Fuzzy Graphs, Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs, Linear Algebrafirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mrs.T V Smitha||Assistant Professor||Finite Element Method, Numerical Analysis, Computational Mathematicsemail@example.com|
|Dr. S.Sivasankar , Assistant Professor and Head In-charge|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc., M.Phil., MBA., PhD.|
|Experience||Teaching : 14 years|
|Research : 08 years|
|Area of Interest||Fuzzy Graphs, Fuzzy Optimization, Linear Algebra and Operational Research|
|Date of joining RVITM||1st July 2019|
International Journals : 10
International Conference : 02
- MG Karunambigai, M Akram, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel ,“Balanced Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graph”, Applied Mathematical Sciences Journal (AMS), vol. 7, no.51, pp 2501-2514, 2013.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel , Balanced Bipolar Fuzzy Graph” , Journal of Advanced Research in Pure Mathematics , v 6, no. 4, pp 58-71, 2014.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel,, “Properties of Balanced Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graph”, International Journal of Research in Science, v 1, no. 1, pp 01 – 05, 2014.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Some Properties of a Regular intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International Journal of Mathematics and Computation, 26, no. 4, pp 15 – 24, 2015.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Edge Regular Intuitionistic Fuzzy Graphs”, Advances of Fuzzy sets and system, vol 20, No.1, pp 25 – 46, 2015.
- MG Karunambigai, M Akram, S Sivasankar, K Palanivel, Clustering Algorithm for intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International journal of Uncertainty, Fuzziness and Knowledge-Based Systems, vol 25, No.3, pp 367-383, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel ,“Different types of Domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, Annals of Pure and Applied Mathematics, vol 14, no.1, pp 87-101, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel , “Secure domination in fuzzy graphs and intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, Annals of Fuzzy Mathematics and Informatics,4, no.1, pp 54-67, 2017.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel , “Secure edge domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs”, International Journal of Mathematical Archive, v9, no.1,pp 190-196, 2018.
- Sivasankar, Naveen Balaji, Sujan Kumar, Vignesh, “Cyclic Symmetry of Riemann Tensor in Fuzzy Graph Theory”, Computational and Applied Mathematics (Article with the reviewer ), Springer Journals, June 2019.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar “Dominance in Bipolar Fuzzy Graph” is presented in FUZZ- IEEE conference, July 7-10, 2013 Hyderabad.
- MG Karunambigai, S Sivasankar , K Palanivel , “Domination in intuitionistic fuzzy graphs” is presented in “International conference on Theoretical Computer Science and Discrete Mathematics, December 19-21, 2016.
|Dr. T V Smitha, Assistant Professor|
|Educational Qualification||M.Sc.,M.Phil.,NET., Ph.D|
|Experience||Teaching : 12 years|
|Research : 4 years|
|Area of Interest||Finite element method, Computational Mathematics, Numerical Analysis, Differential Equations|
|Date of joining RVITM||1st July 2019|
International Journals : 05
International Conference : 03
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada, “MATLAB 2D higher-order triangle mesh generator with finite element applications using sub parametric transformations”, Advances in Engineering Software, vol 115, pp 327–356, 2018.
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, “Application of automated cubic-order mesh generation for efficient energy transfer using parabolic arcs for microwave problems”, Energy, vol 168 , pp 1104-1118, 2019.
- Supriya Devi, K. V. Nagaraja, T. V. Smitha, “Automated Mesh Generation for Airfoils Using Higher-Order Triangular Elements”, Aerospace Science and Technology, vol 88, pp 405-420, 2019.
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, “An efficient automated higher-order finite element computation technique using parabolic arcs for planar and multiply-connected Energy problems”, Energy, vol 183, pp 996-1011, 2019.
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, “Automated 3D higher-order tetrahedral mesh generator with a finite element application utilizing the subparametric transformations in MATLAB”, Computers & Mathematics with Applications (Article with the reviewer).
- V. Smitha, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada, “Automated Mesh Generation Using Curved Cubic Triangular Elements for a Circular Domain with a Finite Element Implementation”, Materials Today: Proceedings, 5 (2018) 25203–25211. (Publisher: Elsevier, Scopus)
- V. Smitha and K. V. Nagaraja, “Automated higher-order mesh generation in MATLAB on biomaterials”, International Conference on Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Applications (IConAMMA 2018, Publisher: IOPscience, Scopus indexed), Bangalore, India, August 16-18, 2018. (In press)
- Supriya Devi, K. V. Nagaraja, J. Sarada and T. V. Smitha (2018). “2D Higher order triangular mesh generation in irregular domain for finite element analysis using MATLAB”. International Conference on Advances in Materials and Manufacturing Applications (IConAMMA 2018, Publisher: IOPscience, Scopus indexed), Bangalore, India, August 16-18, 2018. (In press)
Non-Teaching /Technical Staff Details
|Ms. Geetha R.||B.Com||Office Executive|
|Mr. Yogesh C||PUC||Attender|